Friday, January 16

Oh, hey, blog.

I'm Brittney. & I'm actually not sure I'm the same person who used to write this blog.. The same human, the same body.. I still love summer and the beach and Lake Powell, and I still call Jess on the phone daily.

Although, life happens and change happens. To start small, I clearly don't blog as often, and I don't love oreo's though as much as I once did. I've realized there is more room for me to grow than I ever thought possible and that being the student body president, is actually not even that big of a deal. Also, that despite what anyone tells you, high school is actually a very comfortable place to be.

Since the day I graduated, very little has stayed the same. I was excited for all the change, but for me it turned out to be black and white. Almost everything that once was, seemed to not be anymore. I wasn't ready for it, although I'm not sure how I could have been. & it all caused me to grow more than anything else in my life. I had to rediscover everything, and I guess I'm still in that process.
Not every day is perfect, but I'm definitely happy, and I love the life I live-- luckily that's remained a constant. I've learned a lot, and I like what I've learned..

Family is always the most important, and they should be your best friends; It's okay to dream big even if it seems unrealistic and scary; The gospel is astounding and beautiful, and it's something everyone deserves to have in their life; True friends should make your eyes light up with pure happiness; The future and the past always seem more ideal, when in reality each moment at some point is just the present-- so that's what you must embrace today; making big decisions are really scary, and they never seem to end, so you just pray lots and make lots of lists until something feels right, and Heavenly Father will take care of you...and that's only the start of the list.

& there's lots of things that I'm still trying to grasp too..
You don't have to know the answers to everything, life will still work out... and sometimes not everything has an answer right now, sometimes you have to let the loose ends be; Dreaming contains a sense of vulnerability, because what if it only leads to let downs.. which is I suppose where faith kicks in; Faith in a perfect eternal plan for you; Change means people come and go in your life.. people who you never thought would, and apparently that's just a part of life, and somehow you're supposed to just let them go... that's the one that's the hardest for me to accept-- accepting that some people's chapter in your life is over.

That's only the start.. so I'm learning, living, growing,you know, everything cliche, but absolutely true. & I like who I'm becoming. I like that college broke me down a bit to show me the potential of how much I can be built up. College is cool, BYU is cool, & it's just a good good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do, leave some words.